Monday, July 29, 2013

Fence Art

Another man's trash is this woman's treasure!


Every second Thursday of the month in my neighborhood is bulk trash day. Everyone puts their "junk" on the side of the road and it's like Christmas morning every month! I found this piece of fence and shamelessly snatched it up. Combine it with a recent obsession with Octopus and we have art!

I wanted to add a little functionality to the fence so I added a few coat hanging knobs to dangle some decorations. Little design tip: asymmetric features are key! Odd numbers are beautiful.





This little number resides on the front porch of our house. The black and white paint creates a nice contrast to our blue wood siding. Lots of different textures are at work here (the brick flooring, wood fence, rope, metal, starfish) and I think that it really makes this piece interesting in context. Have you ever snatched other peoples' trash and reused it?

-Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment