Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tea Cups

Pinky up, please!


This dainty mismatched tea cup collection adds a touch of interest and color to our dining room. Over the years I have bought various sets of cups, plates, and mugs ... and over the years and among multiple moves I find myself left with incomplete sets. Instead of cluttering up a cabinet I decided to display them on a shelf! Turns out, mismatched looks very pretty! These cups are a little conversation piece in my house... telling a story of where I was when I bought them or who I inherited them from.

I added a little wire with clothespins to the simple white shelf for some texture and dimension. Those are old family pictures clipped on. It's fun to display these pictures in a nontraditional way.

I think the end result draws you in for a closer look, what do you think? Do you display special dishware in your home?





-Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment