Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bicycle Resurrection

Re-cycle this ride




I am super proud of this find! This is a bicycle I randomly found in a junk yard sale in Oslo, Norway. I paid only $8 for it! I dragged it up to our summer home in Ulsteinvik, Norway for our outdoor space (Quite the trek!). I get really excited when I can design a space for extremely cheap. Your home doesn't have to be full of expensive retail items.. there are so many treasures to be found that you can put together yourself with a little creativity. 

After I tied on a simple wicker basket and popped some hydrangea flowers in, I leaned it against our outdoor shed for display. It was so cheap and so easy to put this together buts looks vintage and expensive! I think the final look achieves the whimsical, cottage feel I was looking for. Have you ever gotten something for a steal but made it look expensive?



-Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment