Friday, August 2, 2013

Delicate Window

  Roses are red, violets are blue, I made a garden for my window, and so can you!

Here is another super cheap design idea you can brag to your husband about; "See honey? Look how pretty I can make our house if you let me spend just a little money decorating!" (Don't tell him there is no definition of "just a little" and is totally relative on how much you absolutely love an item) After decorating the house beautifully and inexpensively, it feels a lot easier for me to splurge on that higher priced piece that you simple must have.

I got a few miniature glass milk bottles at Home Goods (craft store), strung them up with some thread, poured in some water and popped in some snippings from a bouquet of silk flowers. I also tried this with fresh flowers from the garden but they wilted quickly and required more upkeep that I was willing to do. I think silk flowers achieve the same look for less hassle. This looks the best with valences, roman shades, or other horizontal window treatments such as these roll-up sheer curtains.
Would you hang flowers in your window? Would you use fresh or silk flowers?

-Linn


No comments:

Post a Comment